Don't you love meeting new people? Today Elkie & I went to Costco, she needed dog food. I bought it! She did really well, and she has been meeting real live people lately. Getting practice.

I, too, have made a couple of new friends. Surprisingly, during the election stint. One a nurse who works in rehap hospitals who is probably in early 50s. She and her hubby are doing a home remodel, and managing it themselves. Trish is interested in joining my Wine Guild, so I had the membership chair send her info. Think I will invite her to attend the next get together in October, then she could really 'get a taste' of the club. BYW - she is an old school Republican who believes in science and that poor people are not our enemy. She has had Covid - 19 twice. 

The other lady is a retired 69 year old high school teacher. She worked at the Preuss School on the UCSD campus, minority students who show initiative to go on to college. She is tiny maybe 5 foot, with some health issues who came here from Venezuela at 10 years old. So interesting. Kenia (pronounced as Kenya) is planning a solo adventure in Italy next month, now that her doctor has given her okay. I brought in my scrapebooks from 2005 & 2010. I admire her, she has traveled a lot though this is her first time alone. I know she will make friends on the trip.

Friends are precious...if you are reading this you are probably my virtual friend and no less as important to me than my other friends. We can't ever have too many friends in my book.

My nephew & his wife were here for 2 nights to visit his old friend Tony, who was recently diagnosed with ALS. I joined them for dinner and we met some high speed boaters in for the races in Mission Bay. They gave us tickets to the qualification heats the next day. They had a ball and let Tony actually sit in one of the jet engine boats. New friends....

 At the races.

At the Barefoot Bar & Grill at Sunset.


 

Comments

  1. Glad to hear Elkie is socializing so well! I ❤️ the recent photo you posted in the maintenance group 🙂

    The new friends sound like keepers 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful to meet new friends and revitalize those old ones!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm so happy to have found you here.

    I can catch up on what's been going on with Elkie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wide variety of people you've been meeting! Elkie is getting a lot of good experience because of it, too!

    Have a great today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next experience for Elkie...movie. Hard to find something I would enjoy and one that wouldn't burst her eardrums.

      Delete
  4. How lovely! Glad that Elkie is doing so well! And glad that your nephew's time was so special.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Elkie is thinking "so many bones " :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so lazy...crazy storms last night! Elkie update.

June 12, 2021 - Learning every day