I am so lazy...crazy storms last night! Elkie update.

Well, in case you are still on the fence, climate change is real and happening all around us at a frightening pace. This never happens in San Diego, CA...and this is the 3rd since early September and I might add the most violent. 


Perspective is from the bay looking toward the east (which I live).


Many fires ignited, including a house where a tree was struck and a whole grove of palms near Mt. Helix in the east.

On a lighter note, before the storm Elkie & I got in a walk 'on the wild side' of Scripps Ranch. 


The neighborhood has really gone downhill or should I say "Hill House".

And while the temps were in the 80s, and the sky clear "where were the little kiddos at lunch time?"


Wishing all a safe, sane and happy season...don't forget to stop and smell the flowers.







Comments

  1. Very cute flower-smelling photo! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jinx at Anja... I was going to say the same about the pumpkin pose by Elkie! And what a stunning lightning photo... did you catch that one yourself? It's crazy what climate change is inflicting all around the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not my photo but one taken by a San Diego Union Tribune photographer.

      Delete
    2. Whoever took it, it is stunning! Congrats to the photographer!

      Delete
  3. Oh, joining in the chorus. . . . that picture of Elkie is wonderful!

    Oh my . . . that lightening looks ferocious. For sure, climate change is real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures of Elkie.

    Oh my your weather is crazy, but yes climate change is real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun walk! That lightning is frightening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elkie wasn't afraid of the thunder as well! Brave puppy

      Delete
    2. Elkie is a beautiful dog. I think anyone who doesn't believe in climate change needs to be examined.

      Delete
    3. Thanks...yeah we have a lot of 'sick puppies' out there (and I don't mean dogs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June 12, 2021 - Learning every day