Labor Day 2021

I didn't even realize it was Labor Day weekend until a friend mentioned it Saturday night. A lot changes when one retires, and that's a good thing. Here is Elkie on 'strike'...


Today I had planned to give blood at a mobile drive in my local shopping center. Iron rich blood, but my twice a year prolia injection for osteoporous is on the prohibitive list. One must wait 6 months, which for all practical purposes I can no longer give blood. Huge disappointment, so if my bone density test doesn't show improvement I will forgo future medications, stick to calcium and exercise.

I am thinking that it is working though...my big fall was a real life test which I passed with only cuts and scrapes and bruises. Nothing broke. 

I completed by poll worker training and report for set up the polls duty on Friday. Meanwhile, Elkie & go to the CCI Regional office for a training class tomorrow. Later I go in for an on-site interview at the San Diego Humane Society (2 hours) to familiarize myself with volunteer opportunities. Wednesday a chiropractor appointment (the fall did move me out of alignment). Thursday having some house work done (clean, polish and seal all my granite countertops & the rock-like shower pan). Then it is off to Elkie's other Mom for her first birthday pawrty. 6 or 7 people and a similar dog headcount. I ordered a cake...for the dawgs.

 

                             Pretty indulgent don't you think? 

Early voting is Saturday, Sunday & Monday...then a long day on Tuesday followed by breakdown on Wednesday. No on the California Recall please. No more repugnants please. 

Comments

  1. Awwww, that's a sweet looking cake! Have a good time.

    Well, good luck w/all your obligations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elkie & her sister Willow loved it...pumpkin flavor. Saved some.

      Delete
  2. Wow. What is the cake made of??

    Cayenne would probably want one flavored like cat food. Or maybe people food. But not veggies. She spits out veggies. Yucky. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rice flour is the base. Pumpkin, coconut oil, eggs & molasses. Frosting is yogurt base.

      Delete
  3. Nice cake! It looks very human-cakey!

    Easy to lose track of holidays when retired. I can't vote in California but I'll be a-prayin' for y'all! From what the talking heads say, your system is downright bonkers, for recalls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. We survived with lots of good thoughts from the rest of the country and an uprising of sane California voters.

      Delete
  4. Happy first birthday Elkie! 🎈🎁💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to read your blog enjoy the pawty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your hard work on the recall paid off!! Love the picture of Elkie -- and of course the doggie birthday cake!! I did not know that Prolia precluded blood donation: had given regularly for many years but was consistently anemic post radiation and stopped trying . . . after quite a few "thanks but no thanks!" The Prolia has really made a positive difference with my bone density so will most definitely stick with it. Donated blood when I could . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sighs of relief at the uprising of sane voters. Met some nice people who I plan on seeing again / staying in touch. I love new opportunities to make a friend. Yes, I didn't know as well about the Prolia...I think it was recently added to the list of 'prohibitives'. And I found out with my recent bone scan that it is improving my hips. Hurrah. Adding back Calcium with D3 and getting more weight-bearing exercise. And of course, my big fall resulted in cuts and bruises and not broken bones. I am going to continue!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so lazy...crazy storms last night! Elkie update.

June 12, 2021 - Learning every day