September 1 - anniversary of my 1st of 2 marriages 1973 (Yikes)

 A long time no posts, and no good excuse. I have lost all control of any schedule. Just meeting my appointments and volunteer commitments, as well as tending to raising CCI Puppy Elkie (who celebrates 1 year next week on the 9th) is absorbing ALL my time. OK - feeble attempt to make an excuse.

Excited that I finally bought a new mattress. My old one is 25 years+. Total came to $2,098 but when it comes they will set up (haul up the stairs the box it comes it), put on the bed frame, put on the cover to protect the warranty, haul away the old one as well as any packing materials. I don't have an install date yet, maybe next week. My friend Ann recommended Casper and when she was here we went to the Casper store to try it out! I ended up with going to Macys just as she had done for the white glove service. 

This is my friend Ann, we had such a good time when she was here....   
                                                                                                        
At the Park after attending the memorial for our college mate.

 Dinner at Yanni's and an excellent Zinfandel. 

Shopping at Saks Off 4th Avenue. Bizarre!                         

Guess who...me at the same park.







Guess this is enough...my blog is not very artistic, need help. Oh well, guess it's the words that count. As well as the obligatory photo of Elkie the wonder dog.


                     Be Kind (it's on the collar)






Comments

  1. Good to see you checking in! Elkie is looking very patient, there. And your post reminds me that a new mattress is on my "list", too. One of these days when the numbers start getting reasonable, maybe it will bubble up to the top.

    btw: White glove service sounds like the way to go, to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elkie knows 'wait' very well, though she is an excessive drooler when her food dish is placed in front of her. Yes, the mattress is important. We are worth it!

      Delete
  2. Cayenne has been known to drool if waiting in anticipation of food. 😂

    Hang in there. Life can be a handful, at times. 💖

    Congratulations on the new mattress. Looking forward to a report! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still don't have a ship date for the Casper mattress. Is Cayenne a lab?

      Delete
  3. A new mattress! You are a real trooper to wait 25 years. White glove delivery is a nice feature to have. I know we had it when we bought our new mattress a few years ago and again when I bought a new love seat. Enjoy your new mattress. Your dog Elkie is a real beauty by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah....thanks. Wanting to enjoy it very much (still no ship date).

      Delete
  4. Awwwww, Elkie is gorgeous, as always.

    Here's to enjoying your new mattress.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super photos, great to have a new mattress, enjoy, sure you will! Your friend looks happy and pooch even happier!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so lazy...crazy storms last night! Elkie update.

June 12, 2021 - Learning every day