What to say? I am feeling a little weird today

 


Let me start my blog with Elkie. She does ground me, in so many ways. We have a rhythm that is predictable. Up at 6am, breakfast at 7, nap at 9...you know the routine. Take a walk, run an errand, snooze in the kennel, outside to the garden, dinner, short walk and then cuddle & clean up time in front of the TV.

Today I feel off-balance. Not sure why, though I was suppose to have lunch (my treat for his birthday) with Dan, who I met 25+ years ago. He introduced me to old-time country music and 2 stepping. Retired navy with one adult son in Michigan. We were involved for a few years (twice), then we decided to just be friends. On and off friends who enjoyed movies, country music, watching football on Sundays. Have seen a whole lot less of him the last 2 years...he calls occasionally for a 60 second conversation. Occasionally we do something together. Today he came over to show me something (I won't go into that) and to tell me he didn't want to go out to lunch. 

Okay...but I rearranged the routine to accommodate this. So I am ticked and a bit miffed. Oh well. He might show up with steaks on Sunday or then he might not.

So this blog is about nothing really, except I find that people are being so frigging inconsiderate and arbitrary of late, which includes my co-raiser of Elkie. Maybe I am to structured, maybe a little anal when it comes to my time and my efforts. 

My week has been thwarted with 'cancels' to plans I have made. So I decided before I become 'down on people' ... to schedule back-to-back (next Thursday and Friday) social engagements in my home. Not sure that was the right thing to do....


By the way, here is my harvest from yesterday. The tomatoes are so sweet and the cucumbers crisp and cool. Made myself a big salad for lunch! 

Comments

  1. Love the harvest photo! There's something about salads and Summer. I'm glad Elkie is doing her part in that "grounding".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I will take a photo of my kale today - it is huge and I am inspired to make a summer kale salad. Time to hit the online recipe sites.

      Delete
  2. Feeling our thinking -- when we "feel" people are disrespecting our plans then it's so easy for our own grounding to go. . . for sure. But, it's our own thinking: maybe others are simply dealing with their own stuff? Love our dogs: they are always "in the present moment"!! Elkie is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...what can I expect from a person who puts ketsup on his eggs. BTW - he called first thing this morning bright and cheery with what time tomorrow for steaks, 1 or 5? So respectful in an atoning way...that's Dan.

      Delete
    2. I often forget to try to think the best of others in an annoying situation, at least at first. My first reaction is usually irritation. I like your way of describing it as "feeling our thinking." (btw, Elkie is indeed a pretty dog!) (and I have added this blog to my Blogger Reading List!) :)

      Delete
    3. forgot to mention I used to be Hayburner1969 on SP

      Delete
    4. ‘feeling our thinking’ seems useful today... thank you, watermellen
      Deb 😂😂😂 at ketchup on his eggs - I have to agree 😁!

      Delete
  3. You harvest looks delicious and amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your harvest picture and looking forward to more. Your Elkie is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so lazy...crazy storms last night! Elkie update.

Come One, Come All