“Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.” Thoreau

 


Feels good to get away for a couple of nights with friends. Del & Jerine are my oldest (made) friends in San Diego. Jerine worked for me at IBM. The Orchard Hill Country Inn is only an hour away at an elevation of 4,000 ft. It was warm, but this hidden jewel was a pleasant surprise where the staff treats you like an old friend.

A gourmet breakfast was included and we enjoyed on the patio both mornings.

It felt like an escape from the congestion of the city, a place where your needs were attended to. Happy hour every day also included, gourmet appetizers with wine/beer/sodas. And the grounds were perched high above the little town of Julian, though walking distance to everything we needed. 





I had a mission, too. I needed a new comfy hat with a brim for walking and wearing outside to protect my face from the bright sun. And luckily I found exactly what I wanted, but I found a second one that I had to have. So from now on, going outside, don a hat! Here's my 'dress' hat ....

I plan on some more getaways, perhaps even alone. Just getting away from the routine is uplifting. These are my sunset years to enjoy...





Comments

  1. What a lovely spot for a get-a-away. Nice to have shared it with friends and a solo get-a-way is nice too. Like your hat! Very similar to some of mine. They're wonderful. ~JEANKNEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Locating all the new sites one by one.
    Lovely photos
    I'm finding it easier to blog here than to edit my profile and even post a comment.
    Must work on that

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you had such a good respite with dear friends!! It looks like a beautiful spot! And: love your new hat! I too am a "hat lady" all year round and i have one very similar for summer time. But the old green cloth hat I wear for gardening is not nearly so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the hat! It has that wide brim, like my straw hat from yesterday. The advantage of such a style is that it protects the back of your neck, as well as your face, from the sun!

    And what a lovely break with friends, amid the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous! And love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a wonderful place to enjoy time away from everyday goings on. I like you hat too.

    Harrowjet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so lazy...crazy storms last night! Elkie update.

Come One, Come All