Come One, Come All

 Hurrah, my Elkie is bathed and soft and smelling undog-like. She is hanging by me post-dinner as I write this. We went to Petco, as I can no longer handle the upstairs bath routine. This is better, plus they do the nails & ears. Another puppy expense. And we are set here until Wednesday instead of swapping today. Pissed me off, but I am not upset with Elkie. She's a love.

And I am excited that my Wine Guild club is meeting in person again July 21st. Schug Winery is featured, I know nothing about them. Tastings have been virtual since last surge (November). 

 So nice to see people enjoying wine.






A lovely spot in the Sonoma area. I love vineyards, having grown up on a farm with a vineyard of wine grapes that we sold to the local winery - Franzia. I used to 'ride' the tractor up the hill and down as a child. Later my Dad pulled out the vines, leveled and sold the sand and planted with more almonds.

Bought a couple of whites last night at Von's Market. Decided I would breakdown and buy my favorite ice cream, but to my amazement all the freezers were taped off and the system was broke. Still broke today, that's a tragic occurrence with so much food insecurity. Hoping they could salvage the food. On the plus side, I didn't buy ice cream.

Well, after a nice steak and salad lunch I am not very hungry but don't believe in skipping a meal - as it will end up with me night munching and that I do not need. Light meal time I think then an evening walk with Elkie to get a few more steps in and her a chance to get 'tired'. A new week awaits and I have lots to do to get ready to entertain in twos.

Comments

  1. So glad your Elkie got her bath in a non-hassle way! And an in person wine tasting coming up... it always helps to have something to look forward to.

    Funny how the universe conspired to get you to NOT purchase the ice cream? Sometimes we are lucky by being "unlucky".

    I don't know if you've noticed, but I notice that often posts show up in my reading list the day AFTER they were posted, judging by the date stamps. We will adjust, and perhaps the universe will give us the entries we need to read just when we need to read them!

    May you have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful pictures! Looks lovely.

    Awwww, glad Elkie is all soft and sweet smelling. If she's like Miss Lilly, she tries to 'undo' the unfamiliar smell by rolling in the grass. UGH!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, continuing to give Elkie everything she needs despite the disappointment with your colleague. I hope that it gets all straightened out. So glad you have the wine group to look forward to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family farm supplied grapes to Franzia? I probably drank some of your grapes... (well, probably not really, as I'm sure there are millions/billions of grapes they've put in their wine over the years...) but still, how neat! We also love going to wineries. I'm not exactly a connoisseur but as I always say, "I know what I like!" Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pictures! That area is so nice! My sister's pup love to roll in the grass after a nice bath! The lovely smell never stays around their girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the toenails... sigh.

    Cayenne acts like we’re trying to chop her actual TOES off. If she sees H coming with the clippers, she makes herself scarce, if at all possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful country! Sad about the ice cream. Glad to have so many blogging friends that it’s hard to catch every one. Happy August!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so lazy...crazy storms last night! Elkie update.

June 12, 2021 - Learning every day